- Donation Requests
The Fort Wayne Komets are happy to assist area non-profit organizations and charity events with their fundraising efforts. The Komets primarily donate two (2) tickets to a future game. Due to the substantial number of requests the Community Relations department receives each week, we ask that organizations meet the requirements below and follow the correct procedures to maximize the support the Komets can provide to our community. Please be aware, we cannot guarantee every donation request will be met even if your organization meets our requirements.
- Requests must be received at least 60 days prior to the date of the event in question in the case of all asks for silent auctions, open houses, dinners, fairs, festivals, parades, etc.
- Only donation requests from Non-profit organizations that have 501(c)(3) IRS designations, unless the fundraiser is a benefit for an individual, will be considered.
- The organization must be located within a 60-mile radius of Fort Wayne
- Only one donation request per organization per calendar year
- Organization must provide the following paperwork: Request letter and/or event flier AND copy of your 501(c)(3) form and tax-exempt ID number (if applicable)
If you have already provided all of the information required above in your initial request, then there’s nothing else that you need to do. If not, then please resubmit your request with the form below. Only requests received through this form will be considered.
We will make every effort to process your request within 3-4 weeks prior to your event. We will only respond to donation requests which are approved.
Thank you for reaching out to the Komets in your fundraising efforts. Please also know that we do have fundraising mechanisms in place that your organization may participate in without any formal approvals or without meeting all of the conditions above that center around the sale of single-game tickets to your groups, email lists, organizational supporters/participants… with your organization retaining a portion of the proceeds from the sale of each and every ticket directly benefiting your cause. The entire process is as simple as forwarding a provided link to your email contact lists without ever handling a single ticket or any money during the process. You simply receive a check at the end of the event with your net proceeds.
For more information on these powerful and effective fundraising programs that you can begin immediately, please contact:
Mitch Meinholz, Komets Director of Group Sales & Events:
email@example.com OR (260) 482-6812.